Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Another Day of New Discoveries....

Another day down in 2011.  Even though it's still very early days it's dished up a lot of interesting challenges and opportunities for me.  As I take on the role of in-house photographer at work I am constantly familiarising myself with the studio, lighting and it's potential.  Some more examples of what I've discovered below:

I found this vase consisting of one bright, healthy rose amongst some dead one's in a corner of our office.  Against the black background and with two strobes either side, the red explodes and the shadows create so much depth and contrast.

I only discovered last year that my interest in photography was genetic.  Below is the exact camera my father used between 1975-1993 to capture anything from amazing wildlife portraits in Africa to cheesy, staged images of my brother & sister as kids.  Even though she's old, she's seen and captured some magic over the years. 

Some of my favourite photographs are those where only the highlights are used to define an object.  As no-one has offered to let me test this sort of photography on them I was forced to use a mannequin, hahahaha.  I love the results though.


Four little letters....two vastly different meanings!


Three vital ingredients to my day....













No comments:

Post a Comment