Thursday, June 23, 2011

Palau Masokut - Mentawai Islands...

I've just returned from a 10 day trip to Palau Masokut in the Mentawai Island chain off the south-west coast of Sumatra, Indonesia.  I've always wanted to go to these islands to surf whilst I still have the ability to perform at a decent level.  I also wanted to photograph various landmarks, people, seascapes that I wouldn't get the chance to shoot at home.  We scored waves that you'd normally only see in the magazines, stayed at the beautiful Pitstop Hill landcamp and were treated like kings, we ate amazing food cooked by the local women and got to visit Malilimok, a super remote and traditional Mentawaian village with minimal western influence.  I hope you enjoy....





















1 comment:

  1. Hello Emvielle,

    I'm writting to you because two friends and me want to go to Palau Masokut from late April until mid May. We have seen Pitstop Hill but is full for that date and it is also too expensive for us.

    I would like to ask you if there is another option to stay in the island, bungalow or some other local houses. Could you tell us what accommodation options are over there?

    Thank you very much for your help.

    Jon Sampedro

    ReplyDelete